Terry Brixius' mother

This story is about my mom Nellie Scalf.


I am a convert to the church and my mom was pretty upset when I joined the church. She initially blamed Bill for “making” me join the church. He told her, “You don't know your daughter very well if you think I could make her join the church.” This happened just after we converted to the church.


Several years passed and we went to visit my parents on a trip with our firstborn son. We told my parents what time we expected to arrive home. When we got home, the phone was ringing. Bill got to the phone and found out it was my mother. She was nearly in tears and said, “When you left, you took something with you.” Wow! That was really eye-opening for me. I never realized that she could feel the Spirit when we were at her home and then realize it left with us. My parents never did join the church in this life, but I know they softened from their initial reactions. Their temple work and that of my older sister are done along with many other ancestors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doris Slutsky

Laura Hennessee's 4th great-grandfather

Ken Rogerson's mother